Transactions & Finance

Portobello Capital co-winner of 'Best Spanish LBO Fund' prize

Madrid-headquartered private equity fund Portobello Capital was honored at the Private Equity Exchange Awards ceremony when it was announced as co-winner of the Best Spanish LBO Fund Award.

© Leaders League

Madrid-headquartered private equity fund Portobello Capital was honored at the Private Equity Exchange Awards ceremony when it was announced as co-winner of the Best Spanish LBO Fund Award.


Portobello Capital is an independent entity managed by the partners Íñigo Sánchez-Asiaín, Juan Luis Ramírez, Ramón Cerdeiras, Luis Peñarrocha and Carlos Dolz.


Portobello Capital has capital committed, and under management, totaling around €1.3 billion. It has a team of twenty-eight professionals and thirteen companies in its portfolio. Its €375 million Fund III was closed in August 2014 and is fully invested. Portobello Capital has raised its Fund IV, with a final close of €600 million, and has already made four investments.


International institutional investors represent 86 per cent of the funds’ commitments. The remaining 14 per cent are Spanish subscribers, mainly institutional investors.


Portobello Capital seeks to identify asymmetric deals, that is broken deals, misaligned stakeholders and complex situations. Portobello invests in Spanish-based companies – with an enterprise value between €50 and €500 million – that operate in any industry sector except financial services, real estate and IT. It makes equity investments of between €10 and €100 million.


The Private Equity Exchange Awards – which are organized by Leaders League – recognizes the best performing private equity funds, limited partners and management teams. The winners are decided by a panel of 80 jury members.

Read the full Special Report: SPAIN

NEWS & ANALYSIS
Summary Galp agrees €2.2bn solar PV projects deal with ACS Group ‘Funds fostering gender diversity achieve better returns’ DAC Beachcroft Incorporates Spain's Asjusa Abogados Former Spanish defence minister Dolores de Cospedal joins CMS Iberia Boss Luis Gallego to Take Over at IAG Del Rosal & Adame Recruits Iñigo Segrelles de Arenaza as Partner Ergon Capital Buys Majority Stake in Palex From Corpfin Capital Esteve Sells Generic Drugs Division to Towa Pharmaceutical for €320m Nexxus Iberia Confirms Investment in TwentyFour Seven Portobello Capital Promotes Norberto Arrate to Partner

interview

Accenture's CEO and CFO interview by Leaders League Group

About us

Download