Kather Augenstein is a specialist litigation and contentious IP team consisting of fi ve partners, five associates and one Of Counsel and set for further growth. They bring the experience and knowhow of many years of IP litigation practice from fi rms such as Preu Bohlig, Linklaters and Bird & Bird to the table. Thus, they merge the best from both worlds of boutique fi rms and big international law firms. All lawyers have many years of expertise acting in international major cases for signifi cant clients. Their nimble size means that they are much more flexible than many large law firms and their international network with like-minded fi rms gives them an international footprint. This also means that Kather Augenstein gives full attention to each and every one of their clients. This has allowed them to attract some of the largest companies in the world as clients. The Kather Augenstein team has enforced IP rights in all technical fi elds, in particular telecommunications, automotive, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, nanotechnology, mechanical engineering,chemistry and many more. The fi rm represents a large share of companies in the German blue-chip share index DAX.
Areas of practice
- Kather Augenstein is representing Ericsson in a world-wide patent dispute with several active and passive cases against Samsung about infringement of implementation patents and SEP
- Kather Augenstein is representing a leading German chemical company in active and passive patent litigation proceedings regarding methods for manufacturing of different food and pharma supplements.
- Kather Augenstein is representing Boston Scientifi c in four different active proceedings regarding patent infringement for a clip device for causing haemostasis, closely working together with patent attorneys and the IP department of Boston Scientifi c.
- Kather Augenstein is representing a US company in the fi eld of network security as Plaintiff in a patent dispute regarding infringement of several patents.
- Kather Augenstein is representing a leading international pharmaceutical company in the area of biotechnology