Positioning (by Demarest Advogados - São Paulo)
We advise on a full range of real estate-related transactions. Our lawyers provide comprehensive advice on tax and corporate law structuring, due diligence review, negotiation and financing of large real estate transactions.
Our team advises leading financial institutions, investment banks, private equity funds, hedge funds, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds. Our extensive experience includes structuring, negotiating and closing all varieties of equity and debt transactions.
Our experience in Real Estate matters includes:
- Urban and rural real estate purchase and sale transactions undertaken by Brazilian nationals or foreigners;
- Structuring real estate guarantees (pledge, mortgage, chattel, etc.);
- Commercial and Shopping center leases;
- Built-to-suit agreements;
- Preparation of legal documentation and registry of real estate developments and land subdivisions;
- Construction contracts;
- Due Diligence;
- Institution and legalization of simple and mixed-use condominiums;
- Joint venture contracts for enterprise implementation;
- Structuring large real estate enterprises with various types of use;
- Securitization of real estate receivables;
- Defense and intervention on expropriation proceedings and/or proceedings for the declaration of an historical site (“tombamento”);
- Area rectification procedures;
- Constitution of Real Estate Investment Funds (“FII”);
- Legal consultancy for Real Estate Investment Funds;
- Real Estate Asset Management;
- Property Management;
- Planning and implementation of legal and contractual structure (drafting of documents, agreements and contractual alternatives such as acquisition of assets vs. acquisition of shares).