Positioning (by Demarest Advogados - São Paulo)
We advise companies and their executives on Compliance issues, from preventive aspects to crisis management and resolution arising from legal violations with potential impact on the company’s business and credibility.
We have a multidisciplinary team with more than a decade of experience in multi-jurisdictional cases and expertise to act in the following spheres:
- Internal Investigations, from the analysis of alleged violation of applicable laws to the reporting and eventual negotiation of agreements with the appropriate authorities;
- Crisis Prevention and Management (drafting and development of policies and training for immediate responses to crisis situations, legal advice during search and seizures, preparation of communications to the media);
- Negotiation of agreements with government authorities;
- Implementation and Review of Compliance Programs;
- Corporate training related to Compliance best practices;
- Conducting due diligence on M&As and business partners;
- Representation in administrative and judicial proceedings arising from possible violations of anti-corruption legislation, in particular Law No. 12,846/13;
- Assistance and guidance for companies under monitoring; and
- Advisory to members of the Board of Directors involved in the supervision of internal investigations and decisions regarding potential voluntary reports to the authorities involved.
Because of the multidisciplinary nature of our team, we also assist clients in identifying the best coordination strategy among the various stakeholders involved in investigations that have implications in different spheres of law, such as criminal, tax, administrative, civil and antitrust aspects, among others.