Your round-up of the global issues leading today's agenda
- Boeing has started offering buyouts to its employees in a move to stave off more drastic workforce cuts, the latest in a series of drastic moves to contain the financial damage caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Google is releasing new data about how the coronavirus pandemic has cut down on foot traffic to transit centers, retail stores and public parks in more than 130 countries.
- China, coronavirus and surveillance: the messy reality of personal data – efforts to track cases have been haphazard but technology companies face pressure to hand over information.
- The commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt was dismissed after leaking a letter critical of the US government’s inaction.
- UK banks have been banned from asking for personal guarantees for emergency coronavirus business loans.