Paz Horowitz Abogados was founded in 1991 by Jorge Paz Durini and Bruce Horowitz.
The firm is widely regarded as one of Ecuador´s leading law firms for our commitment to excellence, ethical and cost–effective legal service that provide to our national and international clients.
The IP team produces creative and cutting-edge legal work, such as:
• First sound mark registration in South America.
• First electronic application from Ecuador in the USA of an Ecuadorian trademark.
• First recognition of an Ecuadorian Denomination of Origin.
• First registration in the world of a Tactile Trademark.
• First Ecuadorian Law Firm to be part of the WIPO´s Inventors Assistance Program.
Byron Robayo, who leads the IP team, has advised to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Ecuadorian IP Office, and the Swiss and U.S. Embassies in the IP field.
The area offers International IP services and advice for filing trademark applications, maintaining trademark portfolios and renewing trademark rights.
It also enforces trademark rights in each particular jurisdiction including the filing of oppositions, cancellations, customs measures, injunctive reliefs and infringement actions.
The IP team conduct all type of trademark searches in Central America Countries, Andean Community, and other jurisdictions.
One contact and one strategy in several countries.
Translation of correspondence into English for you.
Lower fee rates to protect your trademark in different countries.