King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is a global and multidisciplinary law firm with more than 3,000 lawyers. With presence in Europe, Middle East, Australia, China, Japan and U.S., King & Wood Mallesons is one of the biggest law firms worldwide.
KWM has become one of the benchmark firms for Corporate, M&A and Private Equity. It has a high level of expertise and a global team of more than 100 partners specialised in Corporate and M&A and more than 70 in Private Equity. The firm’s clients are large national and international companies, financial institutions, funds, private equity firms and investors. The firm advises them on major transactions (mostly with a cross-border component), the structuring of investment vehicles, capital markets, tax and regulatory issues.
King & Wood Mallesons has a strategic presence in the fastest growing markets and major financial centres in the world. It has offices in Madrid, London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan, Dubai, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Canberra, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Jinan, Nanjing, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tokyo, New York and Silicon Valley.
Highlighted funds structuring credentials: advising…
• MCH Private Equity on the launch of MCH Iberian Capital Fund V, FCR. Target size: €400 million.
• GPF Capital on the structuring and closing of its third fund, GPF Capital III Partnership Fund, with investment commitments of €300 million. Advice on the structuring of the parallel fund GPF Capital III Real Estate Fund.
• Bankinter on the launch of its funds Titán Infraestructuras, fund aimed to the investment in the infrastructure sector in Europe managed by Access Capital Partners. Size of the fund: €250 million.
• Asterion Industrial Partners on the structuring of its first fund, with total commitments of €1.1 billion and aimed at investing in the infrastructure sector in Europe and Latin America.
• Bankinter and Plenium Partners on the structuring of Helia Renovables III, fund with commitments of €250 million to invest in renewables in Spain.
• Miura Private Equity on the structuring and close of its agri-business fund Frutas. Size of the fund: €350 million.
• Meridia Capital on the structuring of its fund Meridia Real Estate IV. Size of the fund: €250 million
Highlighted M&A deals
• Advice to EDP on the transaction agreed with Macquarie that included the acquisition of Viesgo Distribution (75.1%), Viesgo Renewables (100%) and Viesgo Coal (100%) and the transfer of 24.9% of EDP´s Distribution business (E-Redes). Deal value: €2.7 billion.
• Advice to Galp on the acquisition from ACS Group of a portfolio of operating and under development PV projects in Spain with an expected installed capacity of 2.9 GW. Deal value: €2.2 billion.
• Advice to DWS on the sale of Arenales Solar PS, S.L. (50 MW) to Cubico. Deal value: over €250 million.
• Advice to EDP Group on the sale of the portfolio of its residential customers in Spain and two combined cycle plants to the French company Total. Deal value: €515 million.
• Advice to Capza on the acquisition of a majority stake in the on-line education company IMF Group.