- The firm
Kather Augenstein is a specialist litigation and contentious IP team consisting of six partners, seven associates and one Of Counsel and set for further growth. They bring the experience and know-how of many years of IP litigation practice from firms such as Preu Bohlig, Linklaters and Bird & Bird to the table. Thus, they merge the best from both worlds of boutique firms and big international law firms. All lawyers have many years of expertise acting in international major cases for significant clients. Their nimble size means that they are much more flexible than many large law firms and their international network with like-minded firms gives them an international footprint. This also means that Kather Augenstein gives full attention to each and every one of their clients. This has allowed them to attract some of the largest companies in the world as clients. The firm represents a large share of companies in the German blue-chip share index DAX.
- Areas of practice
- Augenstein represented Volkswagen, Audio and Porsche in a process series with a total of eleven patents asserted by chip manufacturer Avago/Broadcom. Kather Augenstein formed teams for each patent and co-ordinated with patent attorneys and IP consultants of the car manufacturer.
- Kather Augenstein is representing Ericsson is a number of patent infringement proceedings at the regional courts in Düsseldorf and Mannheim. The firm has been working with Ericsson for many years.
- Kather Augenstein is representing Boston Scientific in four different active proceedings regarding patent infringement for a clip device for causing haemostasis, closely working together with patent attorneys and the IP department of Boston Scientific.
- Kather Augenstein is representing a leading Italian company for 3D printing technology in a series of three patent infringement cases. The dispute is part of an international dispute encompassing litigations in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey and the US.
- Kather Augenstein is representing a leading international pharmaceutical company in the area of biotechnology. Additionally Kather Augenstein is active in a highly regarded preliminary injunction action concerning Pemetrexed.
- Kather Augenstein represents a leading German truck tires manufacturer in a design dispute concerning a Community Design for a truck tire tread pattern.