Estudio Colmenares & Asociados, established in 1904, has been devoted exclusively in IP protection, advice, surveillance and litigation. Our legal department is capable of handling oppositions, defenses, cancellations, litigation in court, conciliations, infringement and nullity actions and all kind of services related to the IP field. With more than 40 people working together with the single aim of offering the best Intellectual Property service in Peru, maintaining the optimum level of professional ethics.
Our services are focused on multinational firms. Our expertise is based on mayor international clients and agents around the world. Our clients are mainly within the pharmaceutical field, fashion designers, cosmetics, agrochemicals, lubricants, automotive, machinery, food industry, liquors as well as digital services.
Although our services are offered in Peru, we have arrangements with colleagues in other Latin American countries (Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Chile) allowing us to offer very competitive costs in those countries.
With 8 lawyers, 4 paralegals and a total staff of 25 professionals, our Trademark Department is capable to handle:
- Immediate searches with official information and legal opinion. This service is free of cost for intend to register the corresponding mark.
- Applications, multiclass or single class, same day online applications (if requested) at no extra charge
- Registrations with monitoring system
- Trademark renewals with very special rates.
- Modification of records, limitation of goods, licenses, assignments, changes of name and address, etc.
- Litigations, infringement actions, domain names and digital actions, conciliations, cancellations and nullity actions, oppositions, defenses, court actions and all kind of IP legal matter with the PTO and in court.
Patents and Designs
With 3 patent lawyers, 2 paralegals, 2 biologists, 1 bio scientist and a total of 14 professionals our Patent and Design Department is capable to handle:
- Patent searches
- Patent applications either PCT or convention application
- Patent analysis after receiving a technical report
- Modification of records, licenses, assignments, changes of name and address, etc.
- Any legal Action related to Patents at the PTO or court
- Annuity services
We have been considered as the No.1 patent agent in 2017 and 2018.