Cooley is expanding its litigation capabilities with the arrival of three international arbitration partners. Mark Beckett, Rachel Thorn and Marc Suskin join Cooley as partners from Chadbourne & Parke, based in New York. They are experienced in ad hoc arbitration and arbitrations conducted under the leading global arbitration rules as the ICC, the LCIA, the UNCITRAL, the ICSID, the ICDR and Hong Kong Arbitration Center, among others.
The litigation & global disputes teams have extensive experience with energy and construction disputes (both for owners and contractors) and excels at mastering the technical and legal issues. They also draw on the resources of the firm’s globally recognized technology and life sciences experience to deliver outstanding results for clients facing complex and novel legal issues.
Cooley’s global 400-lawyer litigation department represents companies, governments, state entities and individuals in international arbitral disputes of various types involving complex issues of international, foreign and comparative law and procedure. In August 2016, Law360 heralded Cooley as a “go-to” firm, ranking it among the elite firms on the publication’s Litigation Powerhouse list.
• Most active securities litigation defense practice in the US in 2015.
• 900+ lawyers across 13 offices in the United States, China and Europe.
• 300 partners in a single-tier global partnership.
• A Fortune Best Company to Work For.
• 7 Fellows of American College of Trial Lawyers
• 20+ former Assistant US Attorneys and Department of Justice lawyers.
• Complementary appellate practice that has handled more 100+ appeals over the past few years.